Coordinator and Principal Investigator
Dr. D. Javier Fombona Cadavieco
Faculty of Teacher Training and Education. University of Oviedo (Spain)
Subdirectorate and Technical Directorate
Professor D. Rafael Navas Sanz
CEPA Victoriano Crémer, Burgos (Spain)
Dra. Dª. María Ángeles Pascual Sevillano
Faculty of Teacher Training and Education. University of Oviedo (Spain)
This is a research project that depends on the University of Oviedo (Department of Education Sciences and Faculty of Teacher Training and Education).
It is the result of the work of the following people:
- Eduardo Martínez Torner Public School (Gijón – Spain). School and reference educational team.
- Javier Fombona (Faculty of Teacher Training and Education, University of Oviedo – Spain). Principal investigator. PhD in Information Sciences, Bachelor of Audiovisual Communication, Philosophy and Educational Sciences. fombona(at)uniovi.es
- Rafael Navas (PTFP, CEPA Victoriano Crémer, Burgos – Spain). WEB Design and Implementation Coordinator orgtransparente.org
- Mª Ángeles Pascual (Faculty of Teacher Training and Education, University of Oviedo – Spain). Researcher and reviewer of the project. Research professor on Didactics and School Organization. Director of the ZINTAC Research Group (https://zintac.grupos.uniovi.es/)
- Cesar Díaz Lago (Computer Science and Innovation, University of Oviedo – Spain). Network management.
- Music – Instrumental version of J.C. Irizar over Chacho (Los Berrones).
They have also worked on the initial design:
- Pablo Pando Cerra (Engineering and graphic design, University of Oviedo – Spain). Collaborating researcher in the project. Industrial Engineer in Electronics. Researcher in Design Computer Aided Teaching.
- Mª. Concepción Álvarez (Faculty of Teacher Training and Education, University of Oviedo – Spain). Content developer in the project. Research professor on Didactics and school organization
- Joanne Mampaso Desbrow (Camilo José Cela University, Madrid – Spain). Researcher at the Camilo José Cela University in Evolutionary and Educational Psychology. Coordinator of the Title of University Expert in Education and Disability UCJC. Deputy Director of the Edupsykhe Magazine
- Equipo ASAC Comunicaciones S.L., Computer Design Engineering, Computer Consulting. (Asturias Technology Park, Llanera – Spain)
Our fundamental objective is to contribute to social and educational progress through knowledge of institutions. For this, images of the real interior of these institutions are freely and freely disseminated.
Thus, this WEB portal aims to be a transparent window with open and free access for students, families, experts, administration of the educational system, etc. The project shows the functioning of educational organizations using techniques and strategies typical of the audiovisual knowledge society. This makes it possible to bring new technologies, education and users closer; All this is done taking advantage of audiovisual communication techniques and practical skills in managing these portals by citizens and their resources.
The operation of this platform is a reference model for other contexts where institutions are obliged to approach their citizens.
On the other hand, this initiative supports the non-presential and autonomous training processes. This is a proposal to respond to the training interests of users who demand new modes of relationship and interaction using technologies. The platform also offers agents in charge of designing and implementing this type of educational process (directorates, administrations, educational centers, etc.) a window to what happens in educational institutions, showing the praxis of a model, contributing to the knowledge of the educational reality transparent to society, consensus and the standardization of teaching practice.
The project aims to show educational institutions with techniques typical of the audiovisual knowledge society. It is an attempt to spread the school organization, its activities and the main people performing their tasks.
This research follows a series of features of scientific rigor:
- a) It is precisely planned, and has a previous organization (determined in several phases); objectives (creation of a WEB Platform that shows the interiors of the institutions …); forms of data collection and processing (documentation, video-recordings …); testing and evaluating the platform (evaluated by 10 academics and education experts who have analyzed strengths and weaknesses); and dissemination of results (commissioning on the Internet…).
- b) It has data collection instruments that meet criteria of validity, reliability, and thus the data is derived and abides by the official regulations and legislation at the time of preparing this WEB, observing that it may change but the main ideas and functions described here.
- c) It is original, since it points to knowledge that is not owned and does not intend a repetition or reorganization of knowledge that already exists, thus a previous study has indicated that there is no example of similar characteristics on the Internet.
- d) An attempt is made to show simple and objective data, eliminating comments, personal preferences and feelings that could bias or mask the result of the work. The authors are committed to the principle of equality and non-discrimination between people, and references are made in the texts to people by way of example without wanting to discriminate, offend, or belittle anyone, always considering the Declaration of the General Assembly as fundamental. December 10, 1948, which reaffirms that everyone has all the rights and freedoms regardless of race, ethnicity, nationality, class, caste, religion, beliefs, sex, gender, language, sexual orientation, gender identity, sexual characteristics, age, health, or other condition.
- e) Points to general principles, extrapolated references, transcending the groups or particular situations investigated.
The complementary, sequential and non-juxtaposed OBJECTIVES are specified in:
- Select in a contrasting way the significant and transcendent features for the organization and development of an educational reference institution at the Primary Education level, taking the Spanish region of Asturias as a reference, and prepare the explanatory complementary text.
- Show on video-recordings the tangible and visible aspects of the selected significant features, and place them on an open WEB platform, with a structure that favors face-to-face training and accessibility.
- Implement the non-face-to-face training platform that supports the Science of Education students.
- Disseminate and open this platform and its contents to the entire Internet, for free access by students, families, experts, etc.
- Extend the initiative to the dissemination of the organization and features of other institutions, using techniques and strategies typical of the audiovisual knowledge society. And, in short, bringing educational institutions, their tangible aspects, their pedagogical practices, closer to citizens.
- Disseminate and publish the results of the research at the national and international levels, especially in the scientific-academic and technical-professional environment.
This project is original in the sense that there are no audiovisual WEBs about educational institutions on the Internet. And it aims to be relevant to the rest of the scientific community, by showing an implementation model of the possibilities of audiovisual ICTs, emulating the effectiveness of the techniques of social media and users in virtual knowledge forums. To do this, it explores the approaches, the ICT strategies, showing short video documents, edited and graphic inserts, of the different tangible elements that we can find in an educational center: dependencies, government bodies, center documents , etc.
© Registered property: “www.orgtransparente.uniovi.es 40 videos describe an institution of Primary Education”. Creation typology: VIDEO Creation and authorship of documentary Audiovisual. Intellectual Property Registry 05/2012/35 Oviedo – Spain. Author and rights holder: Javier Fombona.
© University of Oviedo, 2010. All rights reserved. The contents subject to authorship and copyright are registered in the Registry of the Legal Deposit of Asturias. This web portal and the information contained in it are subject to copyright and may be disseminated or copied provided the authorship is cited “www.orgtransparente.uniovi.es author Javier Fombona – Universidad de Oviedo”. The images included in this web portal can only be used for educational purposes and before other use they must have the prior written approval of the authors.
University of Oviedo 33005 Spain Tel: (+34) 985 103 285 fombona (at) uniovi.es